What does it mean to get someone “served”?

When a Complaint for Divorce or other Petition is filed with a court, the defendant must be served. This means giving the other party official notice of the case, which is done by “serving” the defendant with the papers that have been filed with the court. You may serve the defendant by using a sheriff’s deputy, private process server or certified mail.

Sitemap | Privacy Policy | Meet me in Google+ | Find Us in Google+ | by: Helix SEO, IncSEO Service + SEO Web Design

Use of this website and its contents does not generate an attorney/client relationship. Any email correspondence directly to Lauren Wilson Castles, Attorney at Law, from this website is intended for general communication only and does not automatically create an attorney/client relationship.