What if I don’t know where my spouse is living but want to get divorced?

One requirement after you file for divorce is that you “serve” your spouse with divorce papers. However, if your spouse’s whereabouts are unknown, this can be a difficult task to accomplish. If the filing spouse proves to the judge that he or she has made a “good faith effort” to locate the other spouse, and swears that he or she does not know where their spouse is currently residing, the judge may allow the filing spouse to serve the other by publication. This would require running a notice in a local newspaper.

Sitemap | Privacy Policy | Meet me in Google+ | Find Us in Google+ | by: Helix SEO, IncSEO Service + SEO Web Design

Use of this website and its contents does not generate an attorney/client relationship. Any email correspondence directly to Lauren Wilson Castles, Attorney at Law, from this website is intended for general communication only and does not automatically create an attorney/client relationship.